Cobra Ode official news: ” 22 – 1 – 2015 We are pleased to announce that the first batch of DMC has already shipped to some resellers. Further quantities will be shipped again next week to help meet demand.” Good news is that we just received the goods and got the Cobra DMC in stock, if you wouls like it, youcan find it here.
15 – 1 – 2015 Cobra ODE News – Update
We have uploaded the DMC module installation manual to the downloads section, as well as an updated Cobra ODE installation manual v1.5 which covers Cobra ODE 5.30A.
We have also added a quick reference guide which explains the usage of the cables across different versions of Cobra ODE, as well as clarifying ODE / PS3 model compatibility.
We are pleased to confirm that 4.66 ofw is supported on all consoles from PHAT PATA to 4k.
PATA and SATA PHAT, 2k, 2k5 and 3k require the DMC module.
4k consoles work as usual with SWAP discs and do not require DMC module.
Pictured below is the new DMC module for PHAT PATA, SATA PHAT, 2k, 2k5 and 3k consoles which enables use of all versions of Cobra ODE (3.xx/4.xx and 5.xx) on 4.66 OFW. A swap disc is required in line with current usage of Cobra ODE on OFW 4,66 and 4k consoles.
The DMC module has an Actel FPGA on board which controls the optical lens’ units disc eject motor, thus enabling the user to insert and remove discs without detection by the drive controller. The onboard FPGA is linked to a USB PHY which enables full reprogramming of the FPGA at any time via USB connected to your PC.
The Cobra DMC connects to the Cobra ODE (all models) via the JTAG 24 pin FFC port on the Cobra ODE and the “main” port on the Cobra DMC. Cables are included.
The Cobra DMC can be mounted adjacent to the optical drive of the PS3. The module then connects to the eject motor inside the drive, without soldering via FFC cables.
Gateway 3DS Ultra 3.03 was reelased. This new firmware support Taiwan region now. US and EU,JP region users can ignore this news. Here are the deatils:
GATEWAY ULTRA 3.0.3 PUBLIC BETA
Posted on January 22, 2015
Today we present Gateway ULTRA 3.0.3 which fixes region detection for the Taiwan region.
Previously the TWN region was erroneously detected as CHN (iQue), and it was accepting the CHN dgpack while it should only accept the TWN dgpack.
As we mentioned before we want to caution users using the downgrade feature: it is a dangerous operation as it will write to sysnand and if something goes wrong it may brick your 3DS.
We currently recommend that ONLY USERS WITH A NAND MOD try this, and report back any issues.
Only when there are no more issues reported then we will consider it safe.
Great news: Sky3dscard has no region-blocking anymore, if you want to play other region game by the SKY3DS, now it’s possible. By using the regionthree tool, you can play any legit cart game regardless the region of both the console or the cart, it will load without any objection.
region free loader for 3DS/3DSXL/2DS on firmware versions 4.0-9.4 this also allows you to bypass mandatory gamecard firmware updates
loads games from other regions and runs them in YOUR language if possible !
Japanese Smash Bros Cart on an EUR 3DS console proof:
How to use
* Download Launcher.dat from the repo (or compile it yourself) : https://github.com/smealum/regionthree/raw/master/Launcher.dat.
* Copy Launcher.dat to the root of your SD card.
* Insert the game you want to run into your 3DS and power it up.
* Open the “Download Play” application.
* Hit the home menu button, but do not exit the Download Play application (keep it running in the background).
* Open the Web Browser applet.
* Go to Gateway’s exploit page (not linking directly to it here because not a fan of their whole piracy thing they’ve got going).
* Wait a few seconds; screen should turn black and after a bit your game should boot up !
* Does this work on the latest firmware version ? Yes, 9.4 is supported.
* Does this let me run homebrew and/or roms ? No, it just lets you run legit physical games from other regions.
* Do I need to connect to the internet every time I want to use this ? Yes.
* Do I need a flashcart/game/hardware for this ? No.
* Will this work on my New 3DS ? No, at the moment this only works on 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS models.
* Will it ever work on the New 3DS ? Maybe. I don’t plan on working on it, like, ever, but the code is out there now so…
* Will this break or brick my 3DS ? No. There’s virtually 0 chance of that happening, all this runs is run of the mill usermode code, nothing dangerous. Nothing unusual is written to your NAND, nothing permanent is done. With that in mind, use at your own risk, I won’t take responsibility if something weird does happen.
* Do you take donations ? No, I do not.
* How does it work ? See below.
Basically we use GW’s entrypoint to get ROP (not code execution, either userland or kernel) under spider (that’s what the browser applet is called). From there, we use the GPU DMA vuln to take over the download play application (this is done by overwriting the GSP interrupt handler funcptr table). The download play application has access to the ns:s service (spider does not), and we use that service to launch our out-of-region game.
* All original ROP and code on this repo written by smea.
* ns:s region free booting trick found by yellows8.
* Neatly packaged spider exploit by Gateway.
* Bond697, sm, yifanlu for working on the GW payload so I wouldn’t have to.
* Myria for helping with testing.
* sbJFn5r for porting the ROP to 4.x firmware versions.
QQ3DS is a new brand 3ds and ds game flashcart, whicn can play DS and 3ds games. It releases one great news: Today, we’re proud of releasing QQ3DS, the best 3DS&DS Dual-mode flashcards for New 3DS and other any versions of 2DS/3DS/3DSXL devices, supporting all the way up to newest sysnand firmware V9.4.0-21!
Neither like some team still making users with endless wait for New3DS compatibility, nor cost inflated price to get poor and less features.The QQ3DS is officially launched with the personalized features and friendly price to feedback all of honestly QQ3DS fans!
FAQ about QQ3DS
Q: Will the QQ3DS compatible with New3DS 9.4.0-21 and any other versions?
A: Yes, both QQ3DS 3DS mode and DS mode are working perfectly for New3DS 9.4.0-21J, 9.4.0-21E, 9.4.0-21U and any other 3DS versions and devices.
Q: Can this QQ3DS play standard DS/DSi games except 3ds games?
A: Yes, QQ3DS is first and only 3DS/DS Dual-mode flashcards for 3DS 9.4.0-21 in the world.
Q: Can I play 3DS JP games on EU console ?
A: 3DS mode is region locking currently (it cannot work for JP games on EU or US consoles), but DS mode is free.
Q: Can this flashcart play 3ds game online ? ex : pokemon and doing a wonder trade or battle with people online. And eshop game and cia support or not?
A: Yes, QQ3DS can play 3DS game online as a genuine gamepad did, can also save,load,edit etc…. QQ3DS only support original retail game card dumps “.3DS” or “.3DZ” format, it doesn’t support the .cia format and eShop game.
Q: Has “ten game limit” or no game limit for 3ds games playing?
A: We never did such fuck things for only ten game limit ! QQ3DS has no game limit for playing unlimited 3DS games as you prefer to .
Q: Clone as other 3ds flashcards such as sky/r5/k3ds ?
A: No refer to clone! In fact ,the factory only sell the un-labled cartridges for those manufactures , QQ3DS is original and with the same solution for chips as them. However, we are caring much for customers’ needs, making it’s avaiable for DS game playing and you needn’t pay extra cost for DS flashcard and USB 2.0 card reader, what’s more, we offer friendly and competitive price. so QQ3DS is created from customers’ experience and needs. Market and customers’ choices will approve that QQ3DS is the best 3DS flashcard !.
Q: Does saving work on games like MH4G, Pokemon Alpha & Omega ,also does this allow cheats and homebrew?
A: Yes,you can save, reload, edit on any 3DS games as a genuine gamepad did. Sorry, no cheats, no homebrew at the moment.
– First Dual-mode 3DS card to support all versions of 3DS/3DS XL,2DS,New 3DS(xl/ll) (JP,US,EU)
– Compatible with newest V9.4.0-21 (include lower versions)
– 100% 3DS/DS Multi-rom compatibility
– No game limit
– Support eShop access freely
– Support online game playing
– Write tool built in game save backup/restore features
– Plug & play , easy to setup
– Package built in USB 2.0 Card reader,write/read games fast
– Compatible with all of micro SD/SDHC/SDXC(2GB~128GB)
– One price , two enjoys
Gateway 3DS team released the new firmware 3.0 ULTRA for 3ds games and DS games on 3DS 4.1~9.2 firmware. If you want one gateway 3ds flashcart, please be access to here. If you got the gateway 3DS, you can setup it follow our tutorials.
First and foremost, make sure the wifi on your 3DS is kept OFF at all times to avoid Nintendo Update nagging from a pre-downloaded update file unless expressly stated to turn it on. If you do get this nag, you can remove it by formatting your system from the menu, however you will lose all your DLC and eShop titles and, since you are on an older firmware, will not be able to reinstall them from the e-shop on sysnand.
– A 3DS/N3DS on a firmware version between 4.x and 9.2
– An SD Card (for 3DS) or MicroSD Card (for N3DS) and a MicroSD card for your Gateway cart
– A Red Gateway flash cart
– A PC with internet connection and a working wifi connection for your 3DS/N3DS to connect to
– The Gateway launcher.dat HERE! (3.0.1)
– Make sure you have a valid wireless profile in your 3DS/N3DS, but DO NOT switch it on yet
– Format your MicroSD for the GATEWAY CART as ExFAT so you can place files over 4GB in size on them. Windows 7 and higher natively supports this from the Format menu in Computer/This PC. The SD card inside your 3DS/N3DS should be FAT32, as it will not recognize ExFAT.
– Place a .3ds file (a game rom) on your MicroSD inside your Red Gateway cart so you can test it during the setup
Step 1: Grab the updated Gateway launcher.dat HERE! (3.0.1)
and place the launcher.dat appropriate for your model (ONLY CLASSIC 3DS IS SUPPORTED AT THE MOMENT) onto your 3DS’s SD card:
Option 1: Take your MicroSD out and put it into your PC (ugh)
Option 2: Wireless SD Management! – Here is a quick video guide that (hopefully) shows all the screens so you can make your choices in case you can’t read Japanese:
If your wifi is OFF, the very first screen that will appear is a dialogue asking if you want to switch the wifi ON, choose yes.
Here is what should show up on your PC. Make sure you aren’t clicking on “Homegroup”, you need to look under “Network” under Computer/This PC.
Log into your N3DS with the ID and password you chose in the setup steps and you should now have access to the MicroSD inside the unit.
Be sure to turn your wifi OFF after you are done with this step if you plan on taking a break (for some reason) inbetween steps!
Step 2: Now, with your wifi OFF go and open up your Web Browser on your 3DS (Blue Planetoid at the top of your Home Screen) and visit http://GO.SCMODS.COM or the original at http://go.gateway-3ds.com – your 3DS will ask if you want to re-enter the URL (because you don’t have internet). Choose cancel/no, click Menu on the bottom right, then click the Star+ Add button to add the bookmark to your list. Next choose Bookmarks (next to the Star+) and you can Edit the name of the bookmark (which will probably be blank). NOW turn ON your wifi and refresh the page, the screen will wig out your 3DS and bring you to this screen:
Some people have reported problems getting past this point, do this exactly:
1. Turn OFF your wifi
2. Reboot your console
3. Open the Browser
4. Open the settings (wrench) and scroll down and press Delete Cookies
5. Enter the URL (with wifi OFF) or select your bookmark (make one now if you don’t have one)
6. Return to the browser window, switch wifi ON, then click Refresh
Step 3: Choose the first option”Boot Gateway Mode” to be taken to the upgrade screen so you can get the latest Red Cart update. Follow the steps to begin updating your cart. This process takes about a minute, but you may want to have your power cord plugged in, just to be safe.
Step 4: Now that your Red Cart is updated, choose “Boot Gateway Mode” again to return to your Home Screen. NOW TURN YOUR WIFI BACK OFF. Press Select and – yay! Multi-rom menu!
When playing your totally legal/legit backups, you must press Home and then Close the software to get it to back up the save file to the Gateway SD card, otherwise your current save games will be lost. If you have a slow Micro SD in your Gateway, this could take some time, just be patient.
I would highly suggest backing up your NAND from the Gateway menu (don’t forget to copy it to your PC afterwards!) before installing any .cia’s or going any further. Also, bookmarking the website helps to relaunch the exploit after every power down.